There are simple ways in which you can increase the value of your home. Whether you are planning to sell or would like to keep your home's value up, tackling some of the following tips will work to instantly add value and appeal to your home.
1. Clean Up - If you have debris around your yard simply spend some time cleaning it up. A downed gutter or a piece of siding in your yard can really make your house look run-down.
2. Clear the Clutter - If you've got bikes and trash bins lined up around your home, move them to a designated area in the back of your home. If you have room to store them in your garage, it's even better.
3. Paint it - Depending on your budget and siding material, a fresh coat of paint on the exterior could be worth it.
4. Repair it - Fix downed gutters or downspouts or loose siding or shingles. Even a beginner DIYer can handle these projects and save money by eliminating the need to call a professional.
5. Landscaping - If you've got your own landscaping tools, then sprucing up your yard will be super easy and cheap. Trim trees, bushes, shrubbery and lawn to achieve a clean and manicured appearance. Plant low maintenance plants and flowers. Hanging flower baskets for the front porch add a warm and welcoming touch to a home.
6. Doors - Depending on the condition of your front door, replace, repair or paint it. A garage door typically represents 30% of the exterior of your home. If your garage door is old and worn, replace it. It will increase your home value and curb appeal. Replacing your garage door can make a huge improvement to the exterior of your home for under $1,000 for the typical standard garage door.
7. Roof - Torn or missing shingles should be repaired or replaced. If you have algae growth, hire a roof cleaner to remove it. An unsightly room can give a bad first impression to prospective homebuyers.
Nothing increases the value of your home more than kitchen and bathroom updates. Consider these simple improvements:
1. Knobs, Pulls and Handles - Changing the knobs, pulls or handles on your kitchen and bathroom cabinets can bring a fresh new look to an older cabinet.
2 Paint - Paint can be your secret tool for increasing your home's value. Anything which you decide to paint- whether it's cabinets, doors, walls or ceilings will update your home with a fresh new feeling. Bland wood kitchen cabinets can be painted in white to turn a traditional kitchen into a contemporary kitchen.
3. Lighting - Bright rooms indicate to potential home buyers that you have nothing to hide. A brightly lit home creates a warm and inviting atmosphere. Select energy-saving light bulbs and fixtures for even more value.
4. Carpet Removal or Cleaning - Many older homes have beautiful hardwood floors underneath the carpet. If your carpet is worn and stained, remove it and refinish the natural wood underneath. This type of project involves a bit more in upfront costs, but the return will be seen upon selling. If your carpets were recently updated, have them professionally cleaned to help them look their best.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!